Karla Sofía Gascón has not experienced on bands in the middle of ‘Emilia Pérez’ Fallout


Embattled “Emilia Pérez” star Karla Sofía Gascón is not expected to participate in Sunday’s Bafta -Award ceremony even though he was nominated for best actress. The actress, who has been on fire in previously racist tweets in the past month, is not among the list of confirmed participants who were announced by Bafta on Thursday. Her “Emilia Pérez” co -stars Selena Gomez and Zoe Saldaña will present at the ceremony.

This is the latest awards ceremony that Gascón will skip after they have previously chosen not to participate in the AFI Awards Lunzeon, Critics Choice Awards or Producers Guild Awards. It is unclear if she plans to participate in Oscars, where she is nominated for best actress, in March.

Controversial, racist tweets from the actress resurrected At the end of January, and her inflammatory views on Islam are allowed in Europe, vaccines, George Floyd as a “hustler” and more have put their award campaign at risk. The actress began to remove the years old tweets when they became public one by one before they disabled her social media account in its entirety.

“The truth is that these have been very, very difficult days,” Gascón said in a surprise CNN -CN -cured in early February, which the actress seemed to be established personally because it was not a scheduled news meeting through her law or Netflix. “Some people have told me not to even think about participating in Oscar’s gala because I might not.”

In her first apology Through Netflix’s PR team, she shared: “I want to admit the conversation about my previous posts on social media that have caused injury. As someone in a marginalized society, I know that this suffering too well and I am deeply sorry for the ones I have caused pain. All my life I have struggled for a better world. I think light will always win over darkness. “



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *