A sequel to the bomb shell 2019 Documentary “Leaving Neverland” that contained the stories of two accusers of sexual abuse Michael Jackson will premiere on Youtube in the US next month, not on HBO There the original film Made waves after their Sundance premiere.
The documenter, entitled ”Leaves Neverland 2: Survival Michael Jackson, “Once again follows the chargers Wade Robson and James Safechuck and are again directed by And reed. However, this movie is watching Robson and Safechuck after publishing their accusations against Jackson, including the “ongoing legal battle, the resulting personal toll and rear act they met from Jackson’s global fanbase”, according to an official summary. The film also contains access to court proceedings and other details about how Jackson’s team worked to prevent Safechuck’s legal case from reaching trial.
The film is an hour long special that will first be broadcast on Channel 4 in the UK on March 18, which was announced last week. On Wednesday, February 26, it was announced that Little Dot Studios, a division of all3 media, acquired US rights to the film and will release the Stateside shortly after it premieres in the UK, as Deadline first reported.
The movie will play on Little Dot’s Premium Youtube Channel, Real Stories, a channel that has 6.4 million Youtube subscribers. A press release says that the decision to release it on Youtube is to ensure “the film reaches a wide and diverse audience by utilizing its growing dominance as a platform for long -shaped viewing.”
But when it comes to why the sequel is also not on HBO, the network was embedded in a Legal struggle with Michael Jackson Estate After “leaving Neverland” came out in 2019, which the farm won on appeal at the end of 2020 and sent the case to arbitration.
Following the publication of “Leaving Neverland”, MJ’s estate HBO met with a mood that said it had violated a “non-dispaence clause” in a contract from all the way back to 1992. HBO at that time made an agreement to acquire and TV-TV concert around the release of his album “Dangerus.” As Thr Reported at that time, the 1992 agreement included a provision that HBO would not say anything bad about Jackson and would have to consult with its team if it wanted to broadcast further programming.
In the provisions on non-agency, HBO promised that ‘HBO should not make any disappointing remarks about artist or any of his representatives, agents or business methods or do any action that can harm or reduce or cause to lower the perception or public picture of the artist,’ ‘complaint from the Jackson goods read. “Other regulations in the agreement require HBO to announce and consult Jackson and optimal productions if it wants to broadcast further programming on Jackson.”
HBO refused to comment on IndieWire about whether that mood specifically prevented it from releasing the new movie about Jackson, except to say that the network is not involved in the film.
Reed was in the news last year when he accused the upcoming Biopiken “Michael” about the King of Pop’s life to be a “Complete Vitkalk” of allegations of abuse. But according to a new report, the film must change significantly and undergo massive reshoots Due to a snafu where Jackson Estate had previously agreed with the family to a separate accuser of a children’s cloud for never portraying him in a movie. The film must be delayed for a release this fall.