Fallout about “Emilia Pérez” Oscar -nominated Karla Sofía Gascón’s racist tweets continued Tuesday, as the Spanish artist is no longer expected to participate in Key Oscars campaign in Los Angeles this week, including AFI Awards Luncheon and Critics Choice Awards.
Gascón’s Long, untruthful apology During the weekend apparently did not freed her by her sins in Hollywood. Only one month before 97th Academy AwardsWhere she is nominated for best actress, Gascón will not make the rounds at Thursday’s AFI Awards Lunzeon, Friday’s Critics Choice Awards or Saturday’s Producers Guild Awards, according to several media reports. She was also intended to be honored with a virtuo prize together with co -star Selena Gomez from Santa Barbara International Film Festival on Sunday.
Instead, the actress will reportedly stay in Europe and miss the LA journey completely, which means it is more likely that she will show up at the Goya Awards in Spain on Saturday.
News marked the latest developments in one Quickly implodes award campaign It sees Hollywood finger peering and Netflix seems to be distancing themselves from the Embattled actress. On Tuesday, FYC signs for “Emilia Pérez” seemed with solo images of Gascón at Sunset Strip in Hollywood to be suspended for group pictures with co-stars Zoe Saldaña and Gomez (picture below).

Controversial, racist tweets from the actress resurrected Late last week, and her inflammatory views on Islam are allowed in Europe, vaccines, George Floyd as a “hustler” and more has all exposed her to award campaign. The actress began to remove the years old tweets when they became public one by one before they disabled her social media account in its entirety.
“The truth is that these have been very, very difficult days,” said Gascón in its surprise CNN -CNO on Sunday, which the actress seemed to be established personally because it was not a scheduled news meeting through her law or Netflix. “Some people have told me not to even think about participating in Oscar’s gala because I might not.”
In her first apology Through Netflix’s PR team, she shared: “I want to admit the conversation about my previous posts on social media that have caused injury. As someone in a marginalized society, I know that this suffering too well and I am deeply sorry for the ones I have caused pain. All my life I have struggled for a better world. I think light will always win over darkness. “
Thewrap has reached Gascón’s reps and Netflix for further comments.
Regardless, “Emilia Pérez” remains a staple during the 2025 season. Jacques Audiard’s polarizing musical Got 13 nominations At Oscars, and the Golden Globe, the winner Zoe Saldaña was a Frontrunner for best support actress before her co -star’s public fall began.
Hollywood Reporter Be the first to report this news.